Sunday, August 29, 2010

Aug 28/10: Red Tinged


Aug 28/10: Red Tinged, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Despite very warm temperatures predicted for this week, there are signs of autumn. Tinges of red are appearing on leaves. A number of perennials are past their prime. And evenings (though not this coming week) get cooler requiring a sweater for the post dinner strolls. These are just hints of the coming changes.

I love the changes, the cool mornings, the bright blue skies minus the summer haze, the incredible colours at the market as the vegetables are at their peak.

5 comments:

  1. I like the pine cones! They seem to be standing at attention. I enjoy fall, too, though I have to wear more than a sweater by evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every beginning and ending of a season has it's own special uniqueness for me, sometimes it's a bittersweet feeling it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is a wonderful time of year - in Georgia it never lasts long enough! I think you have captured the beauty of nature really well in this shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your picture! And all this is so familiar to me - I'm living exactly the same changing season as you over there. I love autumn, but like with Wanda, there is a bittersweetness about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pic. Fall colours are soooo beautiful. I like how you captured the plant in the foreground and the city buildings in the background.

    ReplyDelete