Thursday, October 21, 2010

Evening Light


Evening Light, originally uploaded by susanvg.
(Taken October 18) There is something magical about evening light. Photographers call the early morning and early evening light the golden hour. There is even a site where you can go to calculate when it is in your area. I was working and glanced up to see the tree across the street from me on fire. The intensity of colour in the autumn leaves was enhanced by the golden setting sun. I grabbed a camera and went out to try to capture it. I was not really satisfied with my photographs. I couldn't quite get the angle I wanted to display the incredible colour. So this will have to suffice - a glimpse at the setting sun.

4 comments:

  1. You may not be happy with the angle but the colours are beautiful. Thanks for the golden hour resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silhouette of the trees lends a dramatic quality to the twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful shot! If it truly was better than this, then wow! Thanks for the link to the golden hour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely evening light, Susan!

    ReplyDelete