Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Catching the Sun


Catching the Sun, originally uploaded by susanvg.
I passed this "gentleman" catching a few rays of sun on his lounge chair. His "wife is doing the same on the other side of the walk. It just seemed such a delightful scene. I felt like pulling up a chair, grabbing a book and a cool drink and joining them.

As a child the only decorating we did for Halloween was to carve a jack-o'-lantern. Over the years people have started to decorate earlier and to create more elaborate decorations. Some lean toward the more ghoulish themes. I like the once that celebrate autumn as this scene does.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhh - enjoying fall beside the mums! I can just see you there with your book and drink, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is a great time for decorations. He looks like I feel at the end of a long day lately. I too much prefer the traditional over the ghoulish for most of the month. But around Halloween - yeah - some ghosts, witches and goblins are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the autumn themes too. Your Monday posting of the Beaver Lake photo was beautiful, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another vote for autumn over ghoulish. This guy definitely looks relaxed. Maybe they need to put an empty chair beside him for visitors.

    ReplyDelete