Saturday, October 16, 2010

My New Tripod


My New Tripod, originally uploaded by susanvg.
Ah - photography is an addiction. After years of using a point and shoot camera, I bought myself a DSLR with two lenses. That only created more "needs". Here's my new tripod - a gorilla tripod. I saw someone using one on the trip I was on this summer. It can stand anywhere and even wrap around things to stabilize the camera. And then there is that macro lens that would be nice to have...
And with each new purchase lots more to learn.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, photography is truly an addiction. Thankfully, it's a healthy although expensive one. I'm anxious to hear about your new tripod. Perhaps a necessary future purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've got one of these. I've been planning to get one, too. You are so right, there is always something more you seem to want in the range of photographic equipment. Macro lens, yes, would be nice! Good luck with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh - a camera after my own heart - and a lens to match. I have this gorilla but don't use it much, esp. when have the 18-230mm (heavy) lens on the camera. Sooooo - I had to buy a "big" tripod for my trip to NM! I used the new tripod for fireworks - it is indeed a learning curve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new camera. I hope you love it and take a million pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What DSLR did you decide on? Yes, this photography is addictive and I find myself needing more time than I have to learn all of it but it is so much fun! And the learning is great! Some great shote here!

    ReplyDelete