Thursday, April 15, 2010

Apr 13/10: One on One


Apr 13/10: One on One, originally uploaded by susanvg.

In the driveway between my house and my neighbour's is this basketball net. It has served not only my children and my neighbour's three boys, but others on the street for almost twenty years. As the snow melts I start to hear the familiar thump of the ball hitting the backboard. The sound is the rhythm by which I wash the dishes. It is less appealing when it starts early on weekend mornings. Some evenings, the play continues lit by the outdoor lights.

My son has left home, my daughter's interest in basketball has waned, but the boys next door, now in their twenties continue the bounce and shoot - the sound of play.

1 comment:

  1. A slice of life that continues - it's good to see the young outdoors, bouncing a ball!

    ReplyDelete