Sunday, April 4, 2010

Apr 3/10 Paper earrings


Apr 3/10 Paper earrings, originally uploaded by susanvg.

Daily Shoot: Paper is versatile and malleable. From napkins to origami, it's all around. Make a photo of something made of paper.

I bought these earrings about 8 years ago. I met the person who was responsible for a web site on hypergami. With this program you could design the paper and then print it with instructions on where to cut and fold to create creatures and other shapes. From the site "a software environment for designing paper models using polyhedra and user-created variants of polyhedra." I admit - I bought the earrings; I did not make them. But I do enjoy wearing them. They are lightweight (after all they are paper) and fun.

7 comments:

  1. Fun photo. These are sooooo neat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And - the cobalt color is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so pretty and lightweight are the perfect earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paper earrings??? Who would have imagined? Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shot! I like the way you have composed this - I love lightweight earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I've never seen paper earrings but I think I'd like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of paper earrings before this. Really nice, love the colour and the whole picture, too.

    ReplyDelete