Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Shadow Puppets


Shadow Puppets, originally uploaded by susanvg.
In my volunteer time at the Montreal Children's Library, I was fortunate to be present when Fantôme Design came to tell a story with shadow puppets. A daycare class was the lucky audience. This fire-breathing dragon was one of the featured characters.

It was delightful to see how entranced the children were and how excited they were to have the opportunity to try out the puppets. Being the dragon was quite popular with the boys and the girls gravitated to the princess. I think we still have a ways to go with gender models.

Shadow Puppets

The puppeteers were great with the group, gearing the activities and story perfectly to their level. Brava!

5 comments:

  1. VERY cool. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dragon photo - when I first saw it, I couldn't imagine where you had taken it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! I think I would be entranced, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lighting. These are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great event for the kids - and goes to prove that they don't always need cutting edge digital technology to capture their imaginations.

    ReplyDelete