Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Taste of Sunshine


The Taste of Sunshine, originally uploaded by susanvg.
In winter, it is important to have strategies to get through the grey days. Participating in winter sports definitely makes winter enjoyable. Eating sunshiny fruit is another strategy. The colour and flavour bring a burst of warmer climates.
I love the look and taste of blood oranges. The first time I saw one was in Italy and I thought the orange was spoiled. That was years ago and I have since learned to enjoy them.

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm - delicious picture, both for the eyes and for your mouth, I'm sure! You are lucky to have fresh strawberries in winter! We can only get them frozen, and they get quite soggy when defrosted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tasty looking photo. We are very fortunate in the area where I live to grow a great variety of fruit, lots of which we are harvesting at present. Your photo makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a rich looking photo - love the colors and the abundance of fruit. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a colourful and tasty looking snack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan- absolutely LOVE the colors and composition of this shot! Looks tempting and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to try a blood orange - looks juicy and good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo shows many different shades of my favorite color - red. I bought some blood oranges before christmas and used a couple of them to make orange muffins. Disaster! The muffins were a horrible looking gray inside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really great image! awesome colours and composition. it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete