Monday, February 7, 2011

Painted Windows


Painted Windows, originally uploaded by susanvg.
When I moved into my home over 20 years ago, the windows between the kitchen and a small room which at one time had been a sun porch, were painted over. I bought the house from someone whose son had been in my class in high school. According to him, these two windows were painted by his father, the bottom two (not shown here) by his mother, one evening as they enjoyed some wine. The picture on the left is my house - though there are trees and houses nearby not shown here.

Somehow, they add to the history of the house.

Daily Shoot: Use a window or a door as a frame for your subject today in a photograph.

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely and I'm so glad you kept them intact! What a story they offer, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings. A nice tough that definitely adds history and character to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story, Susan - I don't think I could paint scenes like that on glass (or canvas) even if I was enjoying some wine.

    ReplyDelete