Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Books

Book Case

I love to dive into a book
Mostly fiction
Explore ideas
Visit other cultures
And linger over
Well-chosen words

My library is brimming
With stories, mysteries,
Misadventures
And tales of the  lives
Of those who have gone before

I can pore over an atlas
Imagining great adventures
Or visit the work of artists
And try to see the world
Through their eyes
One shelf is full of advice
Psychology for living

Trees flowers stars
A book for each
And photographs to
Wonder at this world of ours

My tablet is my new library
An annex to these shelves
I can carry with me
The Complete Works of Shakespeare
Or my latest books to read

I'm not ready to give up
On real world books
Turning pages
Or just flipping through
Always new discoveries
And a reason to stop a while
Time to go read

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite although that's a tough choice! Well done!

    ReplyDelete