Sunday, July 21, 2013

Egret

Egret by susanvg
Egret, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
 Photos: July 20, 2013

There are two things in life that speak to my soul: nature and music. A walk in Parc-des-Rapides was just what we needed to boost our spirits.

Crest

The park is on a spit of land jutting into the river right beside the Lachine Rapids. On one side the water is tranquil, on the other it rushes past. It's amazing to see the power as the waves form and crest.

Tern

The park is a haven for birds - both those on land as well as water fowl. And the park is full of avid photographers with massive lenses (I only had my 50 mm with me that day) trying to capture "the" picture.

Heron

A man with a scope generously zoomed in to let us get  a good look at a couple of herons. Above is a cropped image of a heron I managed to get with my camera. The big treat of the day was the egret (top) who stood quietly in the water, neck craned as it scanned the water for fish. I took a couple of pictures when it suddenly lifted off and moved a short distance away. I snapped, not looking at camera settings and was delighted to see I had caught it in flight. Ah - serendipity!

2 comments:

  1. Egret in flight - you captured the moment nicely. It looks like a painting.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Susan
    The white Egret in the green is polished and graceful!
    Have a nice weekend

    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete