Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Early One Morning

Early One Morning by susanvg
Early One Morning, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
This year I made a point of walking down to the lake each morning before breakfast. It is usually a time of stillness, the lake calmer and the birds singing. Most mornings there was a mist lying over the hills.

I use my camera for mindfulness - to focus on what is around me even when my eye is not behind the viewfinder.

Loons on the Lake

One morning two loons swam by, every so often letting out their haunting cry. Nothing says countryside, quite like their sound (Here's a video I found.)

It Rained

Rain left droplets on the leaves and flowers. Stop, breathe, focus...

Poised


Morning arrives with hushed voices - each person relishing the stillness, not daring to break the magic.

Solitude

Just the gentle dip of the paddle gives evidence of the activities of people.

3 comments:

  1. Those are just beautiful! I admire the way you focus on the view.The fifth is my favorite.
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice to enjoy walking in the stillness before the city starts beating livelier beat. The early morning mystic lake is so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful series - the mist, the dew, the water - all impart a feeling of peace. I'm thinking you loved your time there.

    ReplyDelete