Thursday, February 2, 2012

Trail Mix

Trail Mix by susanvg
Trail Mix, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Nuts and dried fruit are a staple in my house. A handful (or three) is always a great pick-me-up between meals. This mixture contains goji berries. Their bright red colour seems almost artificial to me. They have reached "superfood" status with claims of their benefit for everything from diabetes to malaria.

I'm always a little skeptical about claims such as this. That is except for any positive claims about dark chocolate. That, for sure, is a superfood - even if just because of its intense taste. It's a mood enhancer.

1 comment:

  1. A bit of dried fruit with some walnuts and cashews is usually my snack, too - and, of course, I listen and heed all the hype about dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete