Monday, February 6, 2012

Orchid

Orchid by susanvg
Orchid, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
It's the little things in life that make me happy. Flowers in winter is one of those things. This beautiful orchid came from my spouse. He was born without the flower gene - but he knows how much it means to me to have flowers around, so he bought me this.

I used to have several orchids, but somehow I got an aphid infestation and despite my efforts with soapy water, alcohol etc. I finally had to get rid of about 6 orchids. Those that survived have not bloomed in a while, so for a while my life has been devoid of these incredible flowers. Now I can once more marvel at their intricacy on a daily basis. I never tire of their beauty. New Orchid

And that visit to the market last week - here's the orchid that came home with me.

3 comments:

  1. The intensity of color is magnificent! Enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours and DOF. Always nice to have a little colour amongst all the white and gray. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are absolutely beautiful! I like the close up - very well composed! This makes me want to get back to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. My last visit they had closed the orchid center for some maintenance work. Thanks for letting us enjoy yours!!

    ReplyDelete