Monday, February 27, 2012

From the Train in Casselman

From the Train in Casselman by susanvg
From the Train in Casselman, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I'm usually walking along this street, sometimes waiting for the train to pass. Today I was in the train, going from Ottawa to Montreal. I couldn't help but thing of those who lost their lives yesterday in a tragic ViaRail derailment. My heart goes out to their families. Somehow, today, I felt the engineer took extra care each time we switched tracks. Nothing is known yet of the cause of yesterday's accident. 

  From the train over the river

It's always good to cross the bridge onto the Island of Montreal. Although a half hour still remains of the trip, it feels like home is close.

From the Train - Storage

Trains don't always follow the most scenic routes. I'm not sure what these hold, but we passed several varieties of storage facilities.

From the Train - pulling in to Montreal

It's good to see the skyline of downtown Montreal and know that arrival at our destination is only minutes away. I enjoy train travel but as Dorothy said, "there's no place like home."

3 comments:

  1. Fun to take the virtual train ride with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode the lift today with a man from Montreal. I told him I had a friend who lives there! He also spends part time in FL, but came to CO to ski.

    ReplyDelete