Friday, February 24, 2012

City Hall at Night

City Hall at Night by susanvg
City Hall at Night, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Walking in Old Montreal, I enjoyed the lighting on the buildings. I was astonished to find that virtually all the restaurants on Place Jacques-Cartier close in the winter. The square is still pretty in winter and though the buskers aren't there, I would have thought there would still be clientele for the restaurants.

We did manage to find food around the corner and at least were rewarded with a lovely concert in the Chapelle Notre-Dame-de-Bonsecours by Les Boréades.

2 comments:

  1. Great details! I like the contrasts in the shot - you've really picked up the lighting well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the different colored glows coming from the lights. You wonder how the restaurants can stay in business if they must close in winter. Ours in Breck have trouble just when it's slow in the off-season.

    ReplyDelete