Saturday, April 23, 2011

Centre d'histoire de Montréal


Centre d'histoire de Montréal, originally uploaded by susanvg.

I am always pleased when old buildings take on new purposes. This former fire station has been converted into a historical museum, recounting the history of Montreal from its beginnings when Jacques Cartier first arrived until now. Told through maps, pictures and some delightful text, I learned more about my city. It was interesting to see old photographs or artwork juxtaposed with present day photographs. Cities constantly evolve.
Definitely worth the modest admission price.

3 comments:

  1. I love the interesting shpaes on
    the roof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an artistic and beautiful building. The brisk color of the wall and the details of the roof tell us its long history. I like to see antiques. It is interesting to think of how old things and modern things can be combined.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy seeing the architecture in Canada, both old and new. It is so captivating and now to see a repurposed building - love it! Thanks so much for sharing all the delights! Great shot! It is perfect!

    ReplyDelete