Sunday, April 12, 2015

Walking Through Regent's Park

Mandarin
Photos: March 30, 2015


London has some wonderful, expansive parks. This was my first visit to Regent's Park.I was impressed by the variety of water fowl. It is always a delight to stroll away from the bustle of city streets.

Common Gallinule

This bird was testing the water, searching for food. Its bright beak looks glued on!

Magnolia

It is always the flowers that catch my eyes. These magnolias were just opening; I like the way they seem to perch on the branches.

Orderly Garden

The English seem to have a love of formal gardens. This kind of orderly display would be quite foreign to my city's parks.

Profusion of Blossoms

A bonus of travelling is that I get to experience spring twice. I won't be seeing blossoms like this until some time in May in Montreal.

2 comments:

  1. Nourishment for the soul...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Susan. Long time no see. I am going through your posts,now. I rarely opened my PC for a while.

    Any way, is that bird in your first is a real bird?? How beautiful and artistic wings!
    I hope the bird in the second enjoyed food.

    ReplyDelete