Friday, April 3, 2015

Flowers in England

Daffodils in the Woods

I seem to have allowed my camera to hibernate most of the winter. It was a bitterly cold one and I did not relish taking my gloves off to focus and shoot. I am just back from a trip to England and my eyes feasted on the colours of the spring flowers. Many varieties of sunny daffodils greeted me everywhere - in fields, parks, gardens and even seemingly growing wild in the woods.

Primroses

There were primroses in every colour in gardens.

Yellow Primroses

I had to stop and stare. Spring sprints by in Montreal, with a series of flowers overlapping in their presence as sudden warmth makes growth happen quickly.  Here in England there is time to savour each variety as it takes its pride of place. Spring lingers.

2 comments:

  1. wow...beautiful flowers !
    Thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you're already back - I hope you came back to some flowers at your house,too!

    ReplyDelete