Thursday, April 9, 2015

Buskers

Suspended

There seems to be a new style of busker in London. In the past I have seen people dressed in costume, made up to look like a statue. They barely move until someone drops money into their box and then there is acknowledgement of the contribution. Now this idea has been taken to a whole new level. These buskers seem to be suspended in air.

Sitting in the Air

I did manage to get a look at the frame that is inside one of the costumes, but I still cannot imagine the strength it takes to stay hanging there in one position. I saw the top person near Covent Garden. Then near the National Gallery I saw many in costumes varying from what you see above to movie characters and even a witch.

Witch

I have no idea how much money they take in each day, but it must be enough to make it worthwhile.

Street Performer


This guy had a totally different approach. He behaved quite dog-like but had an amusing patter, interacting with anyone who came close by. Better him than me. I can't imagine how stiff I would be trying to get up after being scrunched down in this box for hours!

2 comments:

  1. Suspended in the air is incredible! I’ve never seen living statue street performance in person.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete