Saturday, June 6, 2015

Flora in Parc Nature de l'Île-Bizard

Visiting the Iris

Photos: June 3, 2015 

It has been a while since I visited the nature park on Île Bizard. I went with my friend Judy. As we both go with cameras, neither of us minds the constant stopping to look, to find the subject and just to be. We may not have added up as many steps as walking at a steady pace, but we gained in getting in that zen space of being in the moment.

Snail

It takes time to notice things. I would not have seen this snail had I just walked straight ahead. The camera stills my thoughts, focuses me.

Distortions

It clears my head to see things differently, to find the ambiguous, to revel in the details.

More Reflections

David Suzuki says we should spend at least 30 minutes in nature each day. While I don't always manage that, I do know that even stopping to enjoy the flowers on my balcony or those indoors, calms my mind and lowers stress.

3 comments:

  1. It is a gift, isn't it? Those moments with a lens to shield you from the clutter and chatter of everyday life, and the knowledge that nothing gets into that frame unless you choose it to be there. Your sense of peace reaches the viewer through your beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning,Susan.
    What a lovely flower and a cute snail...beautiful reflection on the water. Your post reminds me that rainy season is just around the corner in Japan. I already miss our rainy season.
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your iris is lovely, too, Susan. I like to see reflections on the water, which makes me into reflective mood and soothes me. Being tuned with nature, you can let off steam.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete