Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blackberries at Breakfast

Blackberries at Breakfast by susanvg
Blackberries at Breakfast, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Somehow cereal tastes better with berries. I pick out which ever are not ridiculously expensive this time of year. These blackberries were sweet and tasted of sunshine. I am getting to the end of my stash of blueberries that I froze last summer. This summer I think I will freeze a greater amount. They defrost so quickly, I just run them under cold water and throw them into my cereal bowl, or mix them with yogourt. A bit of summer flavour to help through the cold winter season.

2 comments:

  1. These blackberries are so tempting. I haven’t eaten blackberries. It’s a good idea to freeze fresh ones and taste the “taste of sunshine” in winter.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete