Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ice Sculptures

Mushrooms by susanvg
Mushrooms, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Driving by on the weekend I noticed these ice sculptures. I decided to take a walk on St-Denis to see them more closely. An icy wind accompanied me. What was fun, was that the sculptures often depicted something representative of the business behind them.

Espresso

This espresso maker stood before a kitchenware store. An ice shoe sat in front of a shoe store. You can see some of the sculptures below. Others I did not include were a cat and dog in front of a vet, bottles and glasses in front of a bar, a strong man in front of a spa... Each was a delightful find.

ice

2 comments:

  1. How creative to mimic the businesses in ice! The mushrooms are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are interesting ice arts! I like the espresso maker. It is a good idea and fun.

    ReplyDelete