Sunday, February 16, 2014

No Picnic Today

No Picnic Today by susanvg
No Picnic Today, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I took a brief walk in Parc-des-Rapides. After a while my fingers started to burn with the cold. It will be a while before I am tempted by an outdoor picnic, especially at the water's edge.

The Rapids in Winter

Here the water doesn't freeze as the river races over the rapids. In summer people ride the rapids. No one would be foolhardy enough to venture over these icy cold waters now.


Hanging On

Plants lie dormant. Here and there a few dried leaves still cling to branches. Mostly trees stand, their skeletons bared.


Through the Branches

Even my camera gave out in the cold. So I headed back to warmth to thaw my fingers.

2 comments:

  1. I would assume a raw cold by water's edge. Even your photos look chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiny thorns on the branches look like they are patiently enduring the extreme cold.

    ReplyDelete