Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spirals

Spirals by susanvg
Spirals, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
We went walking, dropping into antique stores, trying to find a door knocker. No luck there, but I always find interesting architecture.

Grand Central

This is one of the shops we stopped in. What a clutter of items! In another store the proprietor was fast asleep on a chair with a book in her lap. We tiptoed out so as not to wake her.

Shadows

Nice to see old places come to life again. It is now used as a concert venue - though not for the kind of concerts I go to, so I guess I won't get to see the inside!

2 comments:

  1. Susan, I love the old curved stairs. Is that an apartment building? So funny about the sleepy proprietress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to see the curved stairs of the building! What a good way of being no luck there! I hope people there are friendly.
    I am always excited to see old places renovated come to life!

    ReplyDelete