Wednesday, May 29, 2013

In Westmount Park

In Westmount Park by susanvg
In Westmount Park, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photo: May 28, 2013

I'm living near a park now. I walk through it often on my way to various places. I love the way it is divided up into more intimate areas, with many benches so you can just sit and enjoy the many large trees. You see people of all ages there - the youngest ones enjoying the playground and the oldest ones taking advantage of the benches.

On my walk through I saw older teens tossing footballs around while others strummed on guitars. Mothers pushed strollers. There were people with books enjoying a quiet place to read and still others stretched out in a sunny spot, soaking up the warmth of the sun. Everyone finds a space for themselves in nature. These oases are so important in cities.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Susan,
    What a beautiful lush green and clean water!I enjoy finding a space here for me too!
    Have a nice weekend,
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete