Saturday, May 11, 2013

A Week of Hot Weather

A Week of Hot Weather by susanvg
A Week of Hot Weather, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
Photos: May 8, 2013

A week of hot weather has pushed spring into overdrive. You can almost see things grow before your eyes.

Tulips

Gardens rush to send out a riot of spring flowers.

Flowering Trees are in Full Bloom

The flowering trees are at their height, laden with blossoms. Travelling through the city, I keep stopping to admire the many shades from deep pinks to whites. The air is scented with lilacs. This season passes through quickly, settling into the more permanent languor of summer. Each spring delight must be cherished in its moment of glory.

2 comments:

  1. My lilac bush in Denver is still in the bud faze - I thought maybe the cold had gotten it, but I think it will flower. I hope it waits until I'm back from AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! That week I chopped a hydrangea down to the ground and saw it grow almost a foot by the following Monday. I loved it :)

    ReplyDelete