Monday, October 31, 2011

A Cat for the Season

A Cat for the Season by susanvg
A Cat for the Season, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I'm not into horror or excess. You can see another over the top Halloween display here. But this display strikes my fancy. I love the whimsy, the seasonal feel. Bring on the pumpkins and funny cats. Bring on the joy of children in costume!

But I won't be opening my door tonight - I did enough years of that when my children were young. No horror movies on my TV. I'll just sit with a good book and a real cat on my lap.

2 comments:

  1. That kitty won't be scaring anyone away! No Halloweeners at my house. Too isolated, dark, and cold up here - the children trick or treat in town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halloween looks like a family event when children are young. I like the Halloween atmosphere produced by this homey, heart-warming photo.

    ReplyDelete