Friday, October 21, 2011

Into the Bourgie Concert Hall

Into the Bourgie Concert Hall by susanvg
Into the Bourgie Concert Hall, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
On Wednesday evening I went to a concert in the new Bourgie Concert Hall, part of the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. I say new, but it is really a newly resurrected hall. It was once part of the Erskine and American Church. Though it has been renovated since it became part of the museum, it retains much of the original architectural details.

Years ago I went to concerts there by Les Idées Heureuses. Their concerts will once again take place here. I still remember sitting in the front row when Jordi Savall played a concert. I was mesmerized by his playing. Wednesday's concert was by Les Violons du Roy, a Quebec City based group. Fun to be back in that space.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful facade! The stained glass is spectacular. I see you're already "busy" enjoying concerts.

    ReplyDelete