Thursday, October 6, 2011

Orderly Garden

Orderly Garden by susanvg
Orderly Garden, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I was walking in my neighbourhood and spotted this garden - neatly planted and organized like a French garden. I started to wonder what that said about the people living there and what does my garden say about me. Mine is somewhat wild, with lots of perennials that are allowed to spread where they will. Some multiply and pop up in new locations; others stay in their little spot, diligently flowering each year. There is not a lot of order to my garden. I like it that way. I like the profusion of colour and the mixture. Maybe that says something about me - not always organized, sometimes spontaneous and interested in a variety of things. Don't box me in!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a professional landscaper planted this one. Mine is kind of all over also. Very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely with you, Susan - give me wild and untamed! This is lovely but a bit too orderly for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Susan! Yes, I think each one's garden has its personality. In the past I planted haphazard, but recently I've come to plan ahead a little. Mine is like yours and I like it when the garden has rhythm.

    ReplyDelete