Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sleeper

Sleeper by susanvg
Sleeper, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I love to find surprises in my city and I always appreciate finding public art. I noticed these sculptures last week while waiting for a bus and this week chose to go take a closer look. They are in Cabot Square. They are all by the artist, Robert Lorrain.


IMG_1371

Oblivious to the frigid temperatures and snow, he sleeps on. I enjoyed walking around the square and discovering these pieces.


IMG_1374

I was able to find the title of this one, L'Héroine d'Amérique. She stands at the corner, watching traffic go by.

Detail L'Héroine

I like her attitude. She stands tall against whatever she faces.

Horse

This horse looks like he took a mouthful of snow. He seems to be enjoying the weather. These are just a few of the sculptures in the square. I'll have to go back in the spring when some of the titles might be visible.

4 comments:

  1. These are great finds, Susan. I'm benefitting from your mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these are great finds. They are very expressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think these are wonderful. Thanks to you I get to take a close look at Cabot Square!

    ReplyDelete