Monday, June 4, 2012

Parade of Perennials

Columbine Time by susanvg
Columbine Time, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
The early spring flowers have shown their last, followed now by the next set of blooms.


Bleeding Hearts

Even the bleeding hearts are slowly losing their lustre. Once profuse, fewer new blossoms appear. Each day, I venture out to inspect my garden, seeing new growth and awaiting the next flowers in the parade of perennials. Each new entry is greeted with delight.


Columbine Time

Columbines never fail to amaze me - their comet-like flowers streaking across my garden. I never know where they will pop up from year to year as they spread easily. This year they have arrived in profusion.

More delights are waiting their turn. The tall stalks of the tiger lilies are climbing each day and others whose names I never remember are taking their place. It's a slow parade - to be appreciated over months, but the beauty of each entry demands taking time to look, appreciate and just be in the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Nice series! I like the sharp focus and narrow DOF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are gorgeous and the background is outstanding! Nicely photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am watching the slow parade (though few blooming here). I wish I could grow bleeding hearts. I saw some blooming in Vail yesterday when we biked there. I love their daintiness.

    ReplyDelete