Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hibiscus

Hibiscus by susanvg
Hibiscus, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I have been seeing more hibiscus plants in gardens lately. I have only had indoor plants. These blooms are to be treasured as each one only lasts a day. These outdoor beauties were full of blooms. When I have had hibiscus in the house, the indoor environment did not foster a profusion of flowers. We would watch as the bud (yes - not buds) evolved and celebrate each bloom. If we were lucky it would flower on a weekend when we would be around more to admire it. Imagine our dismay if we went away for a couple of days and came back to find a dried up flower on the floor.

I guess flowers like this remind us to live in the moment, something I am trying cultivate. I guess I'm nurturing my inner garden.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Susan. First of all I don't think I've ever seen a yellow Hibiscus. Also, I like the idea of cultivating our "inner gardens."

    ReplyDelete