Saturday, June 16, 2012

Horses in the City

Horses in the City by susanvg
Horses in the City, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I really wanted to find out who the artist is who created these horses. I wanted to have a closer look. BUT... I was not allowed to approach. They are located next to the circular driveway which goes to the entrance to the National Art Gallery of Canada in Ottawa. Pedestrians have to stay on the sidewalk on the other side of the driveway.

Horses

So if there is a plaque naming the artist, I could not even try to find it. I did like these prancing equines, but could only get closer with the zoom on my camera :-(

24/08/12
A friend just let me know that these are by Joe Fafard - a wonderful artist from Saskatchewan. One of his cows can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Making you stay back from the art? Perhaps they worry about vandals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great art.I find something new in those horses. The zoom on your camera is enough to enjoy looking them. Thank you,Susan!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete