Saturday, October 12, 2013

Chihuly

Chihuly by susanvg
Chihuly, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I first saw the work of Chihuly in London at Kew Gardens in 2005. The glass forms were integrated with the plants in the green houses and glass sculptures of one kind or another were in various spots outdoors - in the pond, in front of the green house, near the tearoom... Yet this introduction could not prepare me for the magical world I found at the Montreal museum.

Chihuly

He plays with form, colour and light, creating fantastical settings. A smile broke out as I climbed the stairs and never left as I discovered each new space.

Chihuly

Playfulness, joy, exuberance, fantasy. What an adventure!

Chihuly

It is a voyage to other worlds - lands of whimsy.

Chihuly

You can see all my Chihuly photos here on Flickr

2 comments:

  1. I have seen outdoor exhibits of Chihuly at Phoenix Botanic Garden. The work looks so fragile, but must be able to withstand the elements. I love how the color is projected in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those works of Chihuly are beautiful! I would like to see Chihuly someday. I enjoyed your photos on Flickr too.
    Tomoko

    Thank you for your comment and the link. It is interesting! Thank you, Susan.

    ReplyDelete