Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pumpkins

Pumpkins by susanvg
Pumpkins, a photo by susanvg on Flickr.
I loved seeing these pumpkins climbing up the stairs. They speak of the combination of fall harvest and Halloween. I have fond memories of the pumpkins I carved with my children. We would usually shop together for the pumpkin. And then I would cover the table in newspaper as we cut and cleaned out  the pumpkin - I felt like I had pumpkin all the way up my arms as we scooped out the seeds. Then there was the aroma as we toasted seeds.

Inflated

Across the street from these pumpkins sits an inflatable pumpkin pile. I just can't find the magic.

2 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins on those steps are charming!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the raven standing watch! Happy Halloween, Susan.

    ReplyDelete