Daily Shoot: Make a photograph that features a very distinct curved line or surface today.
I've started a photography course - and it has thrown me a curve - no more shooting on automatic. I'm really trying to get my head around F-stops and shutter speed and which to set when to get what and what do I want out of a photograph? There may be some very wonky photographs over the next while (though I may cheat and use my point and shoot as I always have it with me).
I like to set myself challenges - keeps the brain cells flexible. Living lifelong learning...
Shooting on manual is a bit tricky at times but once you get the hang of it, it's really worth the work. Don't worry about the wonky photographs. Some of the greatest inventions/creations came from the trial and error method. Happy learning!
ReplyDeleteI sure like the lines and shadows in this one, Susan! What a great challenge. You'll rise to the occasion, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! I have tried a half dozen times to start learning the technical side...each time I've been frustrated and given up - one of these days, though! I no longer shoot on auto though - I did learn in one of those past experiences that it was worth moving to the P stop or the A stop or even the M stop on the dial and have sometimes tried manual focus when auto just isn't kicking into what I need - just don't have the 'language' and understanding of it - pure trial and error! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the course! Look forward to seeing the wonky pictures:) Photography certainly is about lifelong learning - challenging but so interesting at the same time.
ReplyDeleteI admire you for taking the photography course. My brain rejects such things unfortunately. At least I'll be able to admire your skills here.
ReplyDelete