
Photos: September 24, 2016
Tucked on window ledge on the side of the McCord Museum is this sculpture. It is by Pierre Granche and is titled Totem Urbain / histoire en dentelle (Urban Totem / History in lace)
Here you can see the full section of the side piece. This is a sculpture that takes time (which I didn't have as I was walking to meet someone). I'll have to go back and take in all the details.
Here is another detail - an iconic Canadian scene with the canoe giving way to the development of farms and villages. I heard a podcast recently talking about how people no longer take time - how in museums you see people stopping by a piece of art, photographing and moving on. They end up with collections but no real experience of the work of art. We need to live in the present much more.

They are so sensitive work! I like those sculptures. Children might enjoy them too!
ReplyDelete