
These are just some of my instruments. They have to be oiled a couple of times a year. It keeps them playing better. I'll be oiling others tomorrow after these have been allowed to absorb the oil. First I will swab these out, removing any excess oil and pack them away unless they will be played.
I have two large recorders: a bass in F and a contrabass in C. One is pictured here. The bigger one is on tomorrow's roster. Regular maintenance keeps them playing well.
Hi, Susan,
ReplyDeleteI see,your instruments are very well maintained. They are beautiful!
I like seeing your collection - polished and ready to play. I didn't know you had so many!
ReplyDeleteOh, how so wonderful these wooden recorders! I mean in colors and textures, and guess the sound, too. They surely will play lovely with your loving maintenance. I remember using a plastic recorder at elementary school.
ReplyDeleteYoko