At last a perfect winter day with the temperature up around -8 C with sun and a vibrant blue sky. I felt myself grow as I could walk without hunching into my coat. I walked with a friend, enjoying conversation, but also the silence. It was broken by the sound of a chickadee (you can hear a
sample sound here). My friend's eagle eyes spotted it - I took a bit longer.
I think, it too, was enjoying the warmer weather. And soon it was joined by another little bird. So nice to stop and hear them call.
We walked along the marina, the slips for the boats just visible under the snow. Across the water we had views of Lachine. Walking on a winter day is a delight in weather like this.
That sky! Nothing quite like the white of snow in sunshine. The architecture of Lachine is fabulous. It was warmer here today, too - above freezing. With the sun on the snow, my touring skis began sticking. I must leave earlier as the weather warms.
ReplyDelete