There are a number of raptors at the zoo.
This barred owl sat quietly on its perch. A nocturnal bird, it may wait until evening to become more vocal.
This red-tailed hawk obligingly turned its back to us to let us admire its rusty tail feathers. I had to keep reminding myself that these birds could not survive in the wild. I hate to see birds caged.
When I got home the moon was rising -almost full.
Mammal pictures to come...
Your bird photos are great, Susan. That hawk was being coy. I tried photographing the moon last night with limited success. My camera just wouldn't cooperate. It kept zooming in and out, trying to find focus. Did you use a tripod? I dislike using mine, but for a night shot, I really should.
ReplyDeleteFun captures - those eagles would have been fun to hear.
ReplyDeleteGreat bird pictures and the moon shot is incredible!
ReplyDeleteI like your bird photos.
ReplyDeleteWooow! the moon is truly round and floating!!
Tomoko