I'm cultivating my indoor garden as the dark of November closes in. No more orchids flowering (I had to dispose of a few due to aphids), my Christmas cactuses decided to flower. I need flowers.
They nourish my soul as I revel in their quirky shapes and bright colours. I particularly love it when plants re-flower. It's like winning an award for keeping them. But each year I get seduced by yet another flowering plant. Not a big price to pay to chase away the November blues. Who knows which one it will be this year...
A popular selection these days! They are pretty and delightfully seasonal.
ReplyDeleteI have Christmas cactuses too. They are now flowering in our room. They are pretty.
ReplyDeleteTomoko.
It's so nice to have flowers in November, isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteI have a cactus this color, too, plus peach, pink and white. When they all bloom at once, I feel as though I'm at a flower show.
ReplyDelete