Friday, February 18, 2011
Sitting in the Snow
I spend part of each month in small town eastern Ontario. The town itself is not that picturesque. Like many places, there had been a major fire early in the last century, so there are few old buildings. And just when I thought there was nothing left to photograph, I came across this old car. I was surprised to see it sitting outside. It has obviously been there through the winter. It seems to be in perfect condition, complete with crank to start it. I hope when the weather warms up, to see it cruising around the town. That would be quite a spectacle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For an old car, it's awfully shiny! Somebody must take good care of it!
ReplyDeleteIt seems incongruous to have that well-conditioned antique car out in the elements, doesn't it? It must be worth quite a bit. Also - my favorite color! It's a nice contrast to all that white still on the ground.
ReplyDeleteNice find!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful old car and it's in impeccable condition. I'm surprised it's not fully covered. I look forward to seeing some full body shots in the spring or summer.
ReplyDeleteI am also very surprised to see this wonderful old car not covered in winter! Surely the elements and cold are going to wreak havoc on the paint work. What a find, though!
ReplyDelete