Sometimes I wonder why we call some things weeds. Many of them flower and they certainly are persistent, growing in cracks and crevasses. My garden is a mix of planted and uninvited growth. As long as they flower, I usually don't disturb the interlopers. I'm always amazed at their tenacity and willingness to grow anywhere.
My neighbour has weeds growing so strongly and unmoderated along his concrete driveway that they are lifting the concrete and even cracked it- I so want to go over and tell them to do something about it. I have been known to sneak over when I know they are out and garden some of the worst of their weeds with airborne seeds.
ReplyDeleteI've been known to let flowering weeds grow too...Rose Gentian was a wonderful surprise, it came up wild and has spread, I love it!
ReplyDeleteA perfect photo to go with your title. If only we could thrive on so little encouragement!
ReplyDeleteGreat pic and definitely matches your title. I agree with you. Weeds are definitely determined and, in many cases, can be quite beautiful.
ReplyDelete