Looking down at the Olympic Stadium which seems to hover like a space ship from Star Trek my thoughts go to the Winter Olympics now taking place in British Columbia. It is a time for patriotism as countries vie for medals through sport. While I cheer for the Canadians I also marvel at the incredible prowess of all the athletes.
Today Canada celebrated Bilodeau's gold medal in moguls with "we won a gold". We didn't win - he did (and very graciously, I must say). I did nothing more than watch his performance. I applaud him and his humble reaction. I admit to a little Canadian pride, but more - an admiration for his dedication, perseverance and attitude.
Bravo to all athletes who have spent so many years working to reach the height of their potential.
Here, here!
ReplyDeleteI thought the mogul competition was awesome. I enjoy skiing them (very slowly), so I was amazed at the speed and dexterity! Bilodeau did himself and his country proud.
ReplyDeleteAgreed! I love the Olympics for those reasons - realizing a dream after so much hard work, and the pride of country evident in both athletes and spectators.
ReplyDelete