Today's DailyShoot was "Take something common--an object, building, or landscape--and compose an abstract composition with it. "
I really questioned this one. What makes it abstract. Was it because the original object from which it was extracted was not recognizable? The bark without the tree created a study in texture; it was not longer about a tree. Is this really abstract? Or just a closer look at what is there?
I took a variety of photographs, got some strange looks as I focused on car wheels, chairs that had been stacked for the winter, a fire hydrant. Some photographs had interesting lines, but I did not really feel they were abstract. this? or this?
I toyed with playing with images in photoshop. After all, an abstract piece of art is not what the artist saw, but rather a statement or reaction. Would this then be an abstract photograph? Or does that amount of dithering with Photoshop turn it into something else?
Just musing....
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Jan 27/10: Rough
Labels:
#ds73,
2010/365,
abstract,
bark,
daily shoot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wouldn't have known the starting point for the chair photo - it's the only one I couldn't recognize as "real." Is that what makes something abstract - a dimension beyond reality? Interesting musings, Susan.
ReplyDeleteSome very interesting pics. Love the perspective. The last one kind of looks like robot legs. Maybe robots dancing in a chorus line.
ReplyDeleteI love the form of the last two photos. Somehow I lost your blog for a while, and I've missed some great shots.
ReplyDelete