I'm not sure if these terracotta warriors are lost. They are standing guarding who knows what, separated from their thousands of troops. They had been gone for a while. We are not far from a high school and some of the students thought it would be funny to knock the head off one. I don't know if these are replacements or if they have recovered from their battle wounds. They certainly look incongruous here. But they do lend character to the neighbourhood.
I have seen some of the original warriors at an exhibit in London. I would love to visit their compatriots in China. For now I will have to be content seeing these fellows on guard.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Day 265: Standing on Guard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great shot. Love the incongruity. I would never have seen such a strange sight if it weren't for this photo blog.
ReplyDeleteDitto tsheko's comments - certainly unique! Like you, I would love the opportunity to see the 'real' ones one day.
ReplyDelete