Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Orchids Orchids Orchids

Small Orchids

I have a number of orchids. I have posted photographs a number of times. But at the moment I have seven blooming and an eighth has put out a shoot. I think this is a record for me! The one pictured above is blooming for the first time in over three years. It came to me when my very dear cousin passed away at 95. I put the orchids that are not flowering on tables near the windows. I water them and eventually they reward me with a surprise.

White Orchid

On grey days my indoor garden is a great antidote to the dreariness outside.

Splotchy Orchids

Orchids teach mindfulness. Their intricacy demands taking time to examine, to be in the moment, to enjoy and wonder at their form and beauty.

Pale Orchid

From the patterns on their leaves, to the central parts involved in pollination the details are intricate.

Orchid with Many Veins

I'll let the rest of my collection speak for itself.

Dark-Veined Orchid

Stop a while and enjoy.

More Orchids

2 comments:

  1. Susan I'm afraid I'm jealous. I still have 2 that I'm nurturing but no blooms for me! What joy to have so many flowering at once in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You must have watered them just the right amount! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete