Friday, January 6, 2017

Lines

Lines

It has been a week of art. I saw the film Herb and Dorothy about the Vogels who collected art in the 1960s and beyond. They collected mainly minimalist and conceptual art, two styles I have difficulty relating to. It was a fascinating film both about their passion for art, their totally non mercenary reasons for collecting and about their devotion to each other.

Swirls

I also went to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts to see an exhibit of photography by Robert Mapplethorpe - quite a change from the art the Vogels collected. I liked parts of the exhibit but not all. His flower photographs were quite amazing as were his portraits. He had such a command over lighting and his camera.

Crossing Lines

I enjoyed finding these lines and swirls as I toured the museum. Is art in the eyes of the beholder?

No comments:

Post a Comment