Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Walk With Me

Looking Up

Photos: September 20, 2016

I try more and more to use my feet to get me where I want to go. Some days they are just more efficient, but they also allow me to slow down and notice. I often pass this church; I have been to many concerts here, including one on Monday evening, but I never noticed the checkerboard pattern at the top nor saw the light hit it just this way.

Church Door

These beautiful doors lead into decor created by Guido Nincheri. You can view the inside of the church on their site. The information is all in French.

Street Closed

Right now our city is a bit like a game of Snakes and Ladders, especially for drivers. You can climb up, but then you hit a snake and a detour leads you in another direction. A number of streets are closed in order to repair or replace aging infrastructure. As I pedestrian I found myself having to cross back and forth as sidewalks, too, were closed in places.

On the Steps

In a car I would not have spotted this profusion of potted plants. Intent on traffic, cyclists and pedestrians, my eyes would not have been able to wander to enjoy this scene and I certainly would not have been able to take time to stop and enjoy.

Geraniums

Each time I walk this route I notice new things. I love the wrought iron and these bright-coloured geraniums.

Another Street Closed

Another "snake" waiting to send motorists slithering into another detour.  There is often a way around these closures that don't take me out of my way. My feet do not have to respect one way streets. While I am a fairly brisk walker, walking lets me go whatever pace I wish, to stop and start, to linger or hustle past. There is always something new to see.

1 comment:

  1. The construction looks like it is frustrating, but you seem to be making the best of it. Love the planters!

    ReplyDelete